This is reposted from my old blog. I’ve imported the whole post, comments and all, into a single space here. I’ve listed it here under its original date.
It’s nice to be able to catch up on posting my Hit (or Miss) List, even if it is a bit more sparse than usual. Here’s what I’ve been reading and watching over the summer:
- •With Christ in the School of Prayer (Andrew Murray)
- •All’s Well that Ends Well (William Shakespeare)
- •Across the Universe (movie)
- •The Cherry Orchard (onstage)
- •Timon of Athens (William Shakespeare)
- •More of Me Disappears (John Amen)
- •Cover of Darkness (an anthology edited by Tyree Campbell)
- •King John (William Shakespeare)
- •A Closer Look at Science Fiction (Anthony Thacker)
- •The Prosody Handbook (Robert Beum and Karl Shapiro)
- •The Fisher King (movie)
- •various issues of these journals:
Scifaikuest, Star*Line, Poetry, Illumen, 32 Poems
No misses all summer!
Neither Hit nor Miss
- •Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (movie)
I didn’t think the movie was as bad as the reviews I’d heard, but it wasn’t very good either
I will probably be back to a more regular reading load soon, though the next list (for August) will probably look more like this one, at least in terms of quantity.
So, what have you been reading and watching this summer?