This is reposted from my old blog. I’ve imported the whole post, comments and all, into a single space here. I’ve listed it here under its original date.
Hit or Miss, January ’12
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
January has been a pretty good month of reading and film for me — not a long list, but mostly good stuff. I especially enjoyed reading Sheng Keyi’s short story “Fishbone,” which I translated for a magazine in Beijing. It’s a good story.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been reading and viewing over the past month…
- •Fishbone (Sheng Keyi)
- •up against the window (Jim Kacian and Bruce Ross, ed.)
- •The Science Fiction Poetry Handbook (Suzette Haden Elgin)
- •Courageous (movie)
- •Cat Country (Lao She)
- •Psychoentropy (Julie Shiel)
- •Disturbed (Julie Shiel)
- •Celestial Bodies (Keith Sikora)
- •The Tin Men and other poems (Kendall Evans and David C. Kopaska-Merkel)
Beyond Centauri (the most recent, and 1 back issue); Star*Line; Aoife’s Kiss
- •No misses this month!
Neither Hit nor Miss
- •Idylls of the King (Tennyson)
– I know, I feel terrible! It was more about my mood than the book, obviously.
- •It’s Complicated (movie)
- •War Horse (movie)
Another no-miss list. I love that!
what have you been reading and watching for the past month ?