This is reposted from my old blog. I’ve imported the whole post, comments and all, into a single space here. I’ve listed it here under its original date.
Hit or Miss, February ’12
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
February has been a pretty good month of reading and film for me — not a long list, but mostly good stuff.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been reading and viewing over the past month…
- •Fishbone (Sheng Keyi)
- •Wreckage (Ha Jin)
- •The Heart of Haiku (Jane Hirschfield)
- •The Trouble with Poetry (Billy Collins)
- •Apolocyntosis (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- •Tarzan of the Apes (Edgar Rice Burroughs)
- •Northern Girls (Sheng Keyi)
- •Between Lions and Lambs (N. T. McQueen)
- •Bolt (movie)
- •Crimes of the Heart (Beth Henley)
- •Antony and Cleopatra (onstage)
Aoife’s Kiss (back issue)
- •salt (Mani Rao)
- •The Truth About Jesus: Is he a myth? (M. M. Mangasarian)
Neither Hit nor Miss
- •Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
- •Oedipus of Thebes (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
A bit of a mixed bag this past month.
I’m glad that I managed to make something of a dent in my Fill in the Gaps list.
what have you been reading and watching for the past month ?