Here’s what I’ve been reading and viewing for the past month. (You can click on the links for short reviews or comments I’ve left elsewhere.)
Several were close calls for me, with a few of the things I ultimately ranked “Hits” being fairly borderline calls, and one of the “Neither Hit nor Miss” reads being a good candidate for an all-out miss.
- The Red Room (H. G. Wells)
- Kylie’s Kiss (Delia Latham)
- Nanjing 1937 (Ye Zhaoyan)
- The Dream of Reason (Anthony Gottlieb)
- Becoming Madame Mao (Anchee Min)
- The Apartment (Greg Baxter)
- Much Ado About Nothing (onstage)
Along with back issues of several magazines, including: The World of Chinese, Newsweek, Aoife’s Kiss
- There were no real misses, though “The Ice Palace” came close.
Neither Hit Nor Miss
- The Ice Palace (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- The Name (onstage)
So how was March reading and viewing for you?