Here’s what I’ve been reading and viewing for the past month. (You can click on the links for short reviews or comments I’ve left elsewhere.)
Several were close calls for me, with a few of the things I ultimately ranked “Hits” being fairly borderline calls, and one of the “Neither Hit nor Miss” reads being a good candidate for an all-out miss.
- The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman)
- David Copperfield (onstage)
- Far from the Madding Crowd (Thomas Hardy)
- 四世同堂 (onstage)
- 贾宝玉 / Awakening (onstage)
- Oleanna (onstage)
- The Empty Family (Colm Toibin)
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life (Walter Isaacson)
Along with back issues of several magazines, including: Chinese Newsweek, Aoife’s Kiss
- There were no all-out misses
Neither Hit Nor Miss
- Gypsy’s Game (Delia Latham)
- Breathless (Kathryn J. Bain)
So how was April reading and viewing for you?